StorySlam! Judging Criteria and Rules:
1. Story is 5 minutes or under.
6th minute is grace minute, with loss of points.
7th minute, disqualified from point process, leave stage for the next teller.
2. Story relates to the theme.
3. Presentation: Basic public speaking skills
(Of course exceptions may be part of the story--say a character speaks in a monotone)
4. Story is your Own true and personal narrative with your original wording.
Incorporating any other spoken, sung or written material, with or without copyright, not
(For example: It might be relevant to identify and share a line from a song lyric,
5. Story Development:
Wording--Crafted, Intentional, Builds Momentum, in Context
Transition--Between the beginning and ending of a story the tale infers some layer(s)
(Tip: Minimizing some story details while emphasizing others,
Tone--The story may be humorous, heroic, ironic and so on, or a combination of.
(Tip: Besides subject and wording, varying story pace, pause
6. One Story per Teller--without Props.
7. Do not read your story--no exceptions.
8. The three Top Point Earners will be given an unknown theme and improvise a story on the spot. They will have a maximum 3 minutes each. The audience will decide the final winner based on their preferences.
Practice Well and Good Luck!